Southern Africa & Big Cats
Join us on a 11 day African Wildlife Safari & Workshop
Join wildlife and adventure photographer Gavin Slabbert for this 11 day action-packed safari workshop in the heart of South Africa’s big cat country.
Gavin will provide detailed classroom instruction before during and after each shoot, and will share his secrets to capturing the elusive “dramatic moment”.
Track the big five as you become immersed in the diverse wildlife and unique cultures of Southern Africa. Enjoy and experience the all inclusive deluxe accommodation, service, hospitality and ethnic cuisine catered by our private chef.
- 10 morning game drives in our private game vehicle
- 10 afternoon / Evening game drives in our game drive vehicle
- 11 days accommodation in Private Chalets in the Game Reserve
- Breakfast lunch and dinner provided by our Private chef
- 4 Photography workshop sessions each 3 hours in duration
- Personalized training in the field for those that require it
- 1 late night workshop session on shooting star trails and astro-photography and long exposures
- Transportation to and from Hoedspruit Airport
- 1% tourism levy
- 15% vat (South African Sales tax)
August 11th – August 21st 2013
August 17 – August 27 2014
October 12 – October 22 2014
On a Private Game Reserve in Sabi Sand, South Africa
Cheetah Plains is a small, authentic bush camp in the world renowned Sabi Sand Game Reserve, with 500 hectares of privately owned land & another 8000 hectares of additional traversing – you can be assured of exceptional game viewing – especially leopard and the rest of the “big 5″. Cheetah Plains has only 8 traditionally thatched rooms – set among indigenous gardens – creating a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
We focus on freshly produced meals in wonderful surroundings – complimenting the friendly and attentive service from all at Cheetah Plains, all of which is included.
Number of Guests / Photographers:
We limit the safari to 9 Guests / photographers
What you will gain from the workshop:
- Composition techniques for action photography
- Stunning images of Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, and the balance of the Big 5
- Photographing moving subjects in a variety of lighting situations
- Panning techniques to create the sense of movement
- Lens selection and composition to create emotion and impact in your images
- Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
- Critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
$5995.00 (per person sharing)*
* If you would like a private room and you are be traveling on your own, then there is a $1000.00 Single supplement for accommodation.
Click here to pay your Single Supplement
A $1500.00 Deposit is required at time of booking to reserve your spot on safari.
Payment in full is required no later than 120 days prior to the safari.
Pay in full NOW and receive an additional $250.00 discount
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
Due to refund policies in South Africa and the Game Reserve, unfortunately only 50% of the deposit is refundable up to 120 days prior to the Safari.
119 – 90 days prior to the Safari, 75% of your deposit is forfeited, all other funds are refundable.
89 – 61 days prior to the safari 100% of deposit is forfeited, all other funds are refundable.
Unfortunately there is no refund for no shows or cancellation within 60 days of the safari.
For additional information you may want to read through the FAQ page
** Discounts may not be stacked and the maximum discount per person will be $1000.00